Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Strength & Joy


As you may know, I always sign my correspondence, "Wishing you Strength & Joy," It is not an idle farewell. I feel both are equally essential to the individual, and I want the studio to represent and provide both to its clients. I want to help my clients find both in themselves and in the world. So how to do that?

the STRONG BODY STUDIO opens the week of January 25th!!

The strength part is obvious, the new equipment, "my babies" as I call them when talking to the lovely ladies at Balanced Body, are in a truck making their way down from Sacremento. The trip will be longer than expected as the rain/snow has forced the 5 to close at the Grapevine, and all deliveries are being pushed back.. The equipment I have is amazing. All complementing the basic premise of building strength.

The joy part? Well, I feel amazing after I work out on the Reformer, or after a PowerPilates class...but there is more. My daughter came up with my slogan yesterday: A STRONG body is a BEAUTIFUL body, and she is right. There is such beauty in a strong woman of any age. But that is only part of it as well.

There is joy in doing good. So the studio will also partner with non-profits that promote strength and joy. And since one thing that brings me abiding joy is being a mother to an amazing daughter, I have chosen the first non-profit to be WINGS, a consortium of women and daughters who work the joy of giving to their community.....

Check us out next week, when we unveil a studio that is good for the HEART as well as the BODY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment